In the last few articles we’ve been looking at how to create a circle of healing to surround your NICU baby with healing thoughts. CaringBridge is another online resource that allows NICU Parents to create a circle of healing around their NICU newborn.
Creating a Circle of Healing is a helpful way to for family and friends to feel that they are doing something for the NICU baby and their family by holding everyone in their thoughts.
CaringBridge is a useful resource for NICU parents who want to easily keep friends and family informed about their NICU baby’s progress. A resource such as CaringBridge would have been a lifesaver to use when my youngest was in the hospital as a way to keep everyone informed and up-to-date with her progress.
According to their website: CaringBridge® is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit web service that connects family and friends during a critical illness, treatment or recovery.
A CaringBridge website is personal, private and available 24/7. It helps ease the burden of keeping family and friends informed. Patients and caregivers draw strength from loved ones’ messages of support.
Creating Your Own CaringBridge Page
A CaringBridge web page is a great way to keep loved ones informed during difficult times.Every free, personalized CaringBridge website includes:
- Patient care journal to update family and friends
- Guestbook for messages of love
- Photo gallery
- Free online support for using the service
CaringBridge provides some video clips to help figure out how to set up your own CaringBridge page.
- How to Set Up Your CaringBridge Site steps you through the process of setting up a CaringBridge Site.
- CaringBridge.org: Stay Connected offers information on how you can use CaringBridge to stay connected during a time of illness.
- CaringBridge.org: La estancia de los visitantes conectó offers information on using CaringBridge in Spanish.
Benefits of CaringBridge
There are two major benefits to CaringBridge:
- They offer CaringBridge pages and information in Spanish.
- The do not have banner ads or pop–ups that distract people and clutter patients’ CaringBridge sites.
Other Circle of Healing Resources
About the Author
Kirsti A. Dyer MD, MS, FT is a respected physician, an expert in life challenges, loss, grief and bereavement, professional health educator, professor, lecturer and author. She is also the Parent of a very healthy NICU Survivor.
Dr. Dyer created and has maintained Journey of Hearts, a website for anyone who has ever experienced a loss. She is the author of For Those Who Hold the Littlest Hands, an eBook written to provide information, encouragement and support for NICU parents. She is the founder of the NICU Parent Support Site, a website developed to provide information, encouragement and support for NICU parents.