Whether you are a twin, the parent of twins, related totwins, acquainted with twins or just simply fascinated with twins, you’re sureto have an inspirational, humorous, or touching story about this relationship! Chicken Soup for the Soul is looking for stories and poems that highlight the special bond that twinsshare, the joys and challenges of raising twins, the unique circumstances oftheir arrival, the “double trouble” that twins get into, the “multipleblessings” of being a twin or having them in the family, and much more! We’dlove to hear about triplets, quads and more, too. As with all Chicken Soup for the Soul stories, theyshould be told in the first person, not be previously published, and not exceed1,200 words.
Topics for “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Twins and More” may include but are not limited to:
- The journey through infertility, resulting in twin blessings
- The joys and challenges of pregnancy with multiples
- The perils of prematurity and life in the NICU
- Getting the good news and sharing it with others
- Sleepless nights and endless feedings
- The incidents that make twins “double trouble”
- The pranks and “switcheroos” pulled by identical twins
- Being a singleton in a home with multiples
- The chaos and silliness of everyday life with twins
- The special bond that twins share
- Adventures in double potty-training
- Getting out and about with twins, whether it’s to the store or on vacation
- Grandparenting twins
- Twins who arrive under special circumstances, such as adoption or surrogacy
- Single parenting with multiples
- Raising twins in a gay household
- The loss of a twin sibling
- Tackling the teenage years as a twin
- Twin tales from preschool, elementary school, high school and adult life
. . . and more!
If your story is selected for publication, you will receive$200, ten free copies of the book (worth more than $100) and a 50-word bio inthe book. We cannot use previously published stories, but you will retain therights to sell your story after it is published by Chicken Soup.
Please submit your stories through the Chicken Soup web siteat www.chickensoup.com (click on“Submit a Story”).
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15,2008
Susan M. Heim is co-editor of the upcoming “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Twins and More.” She is also the author of “It’s Twins! Parent-to-Parent Advice from Infancy Through Adolescence” and “Twice the Love: Stories of Inspiration for Families with Twins, Multiples and Singletons.” Share your tips and advice about raising twins and multiples on Susan’s website, TwinsTalk.