With the official start of the fall season taking place last weekend, blogs everywhere are picking up the trend. For most of us, fall means crisp air, the smell of leaves in transitions, and sweaters. It’s also the perfect opportunity for bloggers to dust off their keyboards and get back to writing. With everything from fall fashion to decorating the home for fall, bloggers are running full steam ahead with their fall stories. Your fall fun doesn’t have to end there, though. Grab the kids, some stamp pads or paint, and some fall fresh gourds and make fall themed placemats that will look perfect adorning your dining room table. Fall is the perfect time for parents and bloggers to reconnect with their families, friends, and readers. So get out there and give me something to read!
Here are some of my favorite posts from the last week:
- With Halloween just over a month away, most families are gearing up for the big day with fun fall activities. At a loss as to where to start? Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas gathered up her family’s favorite Halloween crafts and activities to share with you this week.
- All the hub-bub in the last week about Feedburner and possibility that they might be going the way of the dinosaurs, Kelly Whalen has a step by step guide to help you transfer your RSS feed to another service of your choice without losing many subscribers. This is an important read for all bloggers and I suggest you head over pronto!
- I’m the mother of two young girls who are just starting to discover who they are and that the world they live in is not as kind to others as they are, so it’s of the utmost importance for me to teach them about confidence and loving themselves now. I absolutely love this post from Tiffany at Raising Lemons, which gives the best scenario for explaining where confidence comes from and why it’s so important. Seriously. Best. Idea. Ever.
- I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for anything vintage. This fantastic vintage book clutch from See Kate Sew only looks vintage (and like a book), it’s really a DIY clutch that will make you look studious and stylist.
- Tired of hiding your unsightly napkin holder from guests or worse yet, tired of not having a napkin holder? Me too! Cheri from I am Momma Hear Me Roar is too! She’s got the craftiest mind around and this week she’s sharing her secret for keeping her cloth napkins wrangled right on the table.
- As parents, the subject of chores and allowance is not one we can avoid, no matter how much we may wish. The ladies over on Toys in the Dryer have a great post up for parents just starting to think about chores and the allowances that go with them (or don’t).
- Tis the season for peaches and blueberries and this week Where Women Cook has a recipe that will have your family begging for more! Try this fresh blueberry and peach pie this weekend and treat yourself and your family to something sweet!
- These days with bloggers all over the ‘net learning the significance of video on their blogs and the usefulness of YouTube in terms of SEO, Jendi from Simple Vlogging Tips has three useful ways to help vloggers increase their views and drive traffic to their YouTube channel. My favorite suggestion is to simply ask watcher to subscribe…sounds easy right? It is. AND? It works!!
So tell me, what have I missed this week?!
Photo © sborisov – Rights to use purchased from Fotolia.com
Stay Updated on the Blogosphere the Easy Way
Have trouble keeping up with your favorite parent bloggers? Feed reader starting to get unruly? Yep, we get it. Get the latest updates (including the weekly Talk of the Parent Blogosphere) in your inbox by subscribing to Type-A Parent. Be sure to at least select the box for Blog RSS Feed Updates (but hey, you can select more if you want, too!).