The topic fresh on everyone’s mind this week is taxes and we’re not alone, bloggers everywhere are writing about it too. Anali’s First Amendment has a comprehensive list of tax deductions for food bloggers, though many of her suggestions could go for parent bloggers as well. Kelly Whalen also shared some last minute tax tips for parents on BabyCenter’s blog.
Worried that you can’t pay your tax bill this year? Well, you can breathe a little easier knowing the IRS does offer those who must pay a few payment options. Once you’ve filed your taxes, check out these strange taxes from across the U.S. that will have you scratching your head. Now that you’ve sent your taxes off, take a little time to treat yourself today with one of these great tax-day specials and freebies.
Here’s a look at what is going on around the blogosphere:
- With all the storms of the past weekend, but can be easy to lose sight of the human side of those warnings. Shana blogged about her first experience hunkering down in her shelter in the face of storms bearing down on her town this weekend.
- Don’t deny it. You know the parents in the pick-up line who take forever to drop their kids off in the car loop? Well…we finally have a video you can pass along to all of those offenders. Kadi gives a step-by-step guide to how to properly use the school car loop.
- The Ultimate Blog Party got started this week on 5 Minutes for Mom as well and you can find hundreds of new blogs to start reading and plenty of prizes in you want to take part! Some of the blogs taking part are: Erin from A Parenting Production is joining in for the first time in 3 years and shares more about her love for theatre and writing, while Victoria at Veep Veep gives you an inside look at life as a runway model and proud mama and Connie from Brain Foggles gives you a run down on 10 things to know about her…and shares a fun photo!
What did I miss? Be sure to share a link to your post from this week in the linky below. The only requirements are:
- You should be a parent who blogs
- The post must have been published between April 9 to 15, 2012
- You MUST use the permalink to the post itself, not your blog’s homepage URL
Submit your post:
Photo © micro10x – Fotolia.com