Submit a Speaker Proposal
September 26 – 28, 2019
As a speaker, we know that delivering a valuable presentation is important to you too - so, here's what we're looking for:
Advanced Content: Many of our attendees have been blogging for over a decade. They look for actionable steps they can take right there in the room, or shortly after returning home to see significant improvement in one or more areas of their business.
Beginner Content: We love newbies and we want to help them get started on the right foot. Sessions for beginning bloggers are a great chance for more seasoned bloggers to help their new colleagues avoid pitfalls, and focus on effective tasks.
Intensive Content: This is one of the things our attendees have begged to see more of. They want more opportunities to learn one specific strategy, task, or method step-by-step. Think of something along the lines of "Starting a Podcast", or "Creating a Facebook Page Like Campaign".
High-quality content is one of the things that Type-A is most well known for. Our community expects to see an agenda full of knowledgable practitioners sharing actionable information. They want to hear from people who are implementing the strategies they teach, speaking from first-hand experience, and offering how-to information they can apply to their own businesses.
Creating a valuable experience for attendees is our top priority. We want them to feel like it was worth it to travel to the event, leave behind their families for a few days, and put their businesses on hold. So we're picky about who we put on stage, and what they share with our audience.
We are incredibly fortunate - we receive so many amazing proposals from so many amazing speakers. Though we think of it as a "good problem to have", it does mean that the competition is steep, and we have to put proposals through a rigorous process. Here's what happens after you submit your proposal:
We take all of the submissions we receive, and put them out to our community for feedback. They vote on the sessions that they would like to attend, and let us know if any seem off-track, or irrelevant. They also provide feedback on past experiences with speakers.
All of that feedback is considered by our staff and advisors in coming up with the final agenda.
If chosen, you'll receive a confirmation, a date and time, and you'll be asked to complete an agreement. We plan on confirming speakers the last week of March.
Terms and Expectations
We want to be sure we're on the same page before going any further. So, if you plan on submitting a proposal, this is what we expect from you, and what we're prepared to offer:
- We are not accepting submissions for panels - submit single presentations only.
- Confirmed speakers will receive a VIP pass to the event. This offers you admission into all sessions, the Expo, and all meals, refreshments and receptions on the agenda. If you've already purchased a ticket, the purchase will be refunded if you're chosen as a speaker.
- Speakers receive one guest pass for a friend/co-worker/spouse/partner to attend his/her session. This does not get the person into the rest of the event - just your session.
- Speakers are responsible for their own travel and housing/hotel arrangements and costs.
- We may record your session and make it available on our site and/or to members (free or paid).
- Speakers will receive promotion on our site, social media channels, and email messages - though we'll need you to provide us with information in a timely manner so that we can create the promotions.
- We will have multiple sessions running at some times. So, your presentation may not be the only one on the schedule at the time.
- There is absolutely no selling from stage.
Submit Your Proposal
The deadline to submit your proposal is February 24, 2019. This form will self-destruct at 5pm EST on the 24th.