We’re looking for a unique new member of our team. Does this sound like you or someone you know?
The Type-A Sponsorship Sales Representative will secure sponsors for the annual Type-A event (held in Chicago, IL this September). This role has the opportunity to expand past this event into future events and online sponsorship sales.
We’re Looking for a Unique Unicorn
We know that there are a bunch of qualified sales people out there… we know that there are a bunch of people who know potential sponsors…a bunch of people in our community who want to help us… and a bunch of people that “could” wrap their arms around this challenge and make it happen.
We’re not looking for all of those people… we’re looking for one, shiny, unique unicorn who has just the right mix of all of that and their own special talents and skills. We know you’re out there. You…
… understand how brands, agencies, and solution providers operate with one another and how they engage with influencers.
… have been to multiple conferences as a sponsor, organizer, or staff.
… have negotiated a contract worth over $10,000.
… love talking to people, chatting with them online, and responding to email messages. You don’t mind answering the same question 20 times, sometimes from the same person ;).
… are flexible enough to roll with the punches, but disciplined enough to follow a plan and avoid getting side-tracked by shiny objects.
… want to work from home, and set your own hours – though you know that means working a lot of hours, and bending to the whims of the job.
… don’t mind reporting your progress to us on a regular basis and asking us for help when you need it.
… are not only comfortable with a commission-only position, you wouldn’t have it any other way. You want to be compensated for the goals you accomplish.
… are a little bit quirky and are able to keep up with our team chats about donut flavors, exploding toilets, and the never-ending need for coffee. But, you’re not so quirky that you frighten the guests.
… are thinking that this could be a good summer project for you, and if you enjoy it, a good long-term opportunity to be a permanent part of the team.
… want to work with a great organization with compassionate owners, and supportive team members.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to Hot Leads – Respond to incoming leads from potential sponsors
- Engage Warm Leads – Reach out to previous sponsors and those that have asked for sponsorship details in the past.
- Follow-up with with leads on a regular basis.
- Close sales, securing payment from sponsor, and introducing them to Operational staff who will coordinate the fulfillment of their sponsorship.
- Participate in the company’s Slack channels, offering updates and engaging with the team.
- Bring ideas to the team for further/alternate sponsorship opportunities.
- Report progress to owners on a regular basis.
- Coordinate efforts with Marketing to ensure appropriate leads are being generated, and that sponsorship availability is kept up to date.
- The Sponsorship Sales Representative may also develop a cold-calling strategy, reaching out to appropriate targets and inviting them to learn more about sponsoring Type-A events.
This role is compensated through a commission-based structure. The representative will be rewarded with a percentage of sales on all closed deals. This representative will also receive a VIP Pass to the upcoming Type-A Annual Conference, as well as airfare and hotel to attend the event.
Send your resume and cover letter for Rachel and Eric to review at: email@example.com